Let’s talk cookies. This last weekend I got the hankering for something sweet but there wasn’t a lot of stuff in my cupboard and it was storming like a crazy out there. So I decided to improvise and play a little with flourless peanut butter cookies. It just felt like a good idea. Especially since I had some cookie butter that I was dying to try.
I got this at a work party thing and it was so good. I just had no clue what to do with it other then spread it on some crackers or eat it straight out of the container.
The first batch came out good but I had some issues with it. So I kept making experimental batches till I finally felt like this last batch came out amazing. We ate the entire plate and had to stash the batter away before we ate all of that too. YUM! I doubled the recipe, so you can do the same to make double the cookies or you can cut the below recipe in half to make less. I also find that the bigger the balls you put on the baking sheet the less chance of them burning. Also, if you don’t have the above cookie butter, don’t add it, the recipe works either way but tastes so good with the cookie butter as well!!
Simple Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups of creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup of cookie butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a big bowl. Fold together all ingredients until well incorporated.
2. Roll into medium sized balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Criss cross with a fork.
3. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Check a few times to make sure they aren’t burning on the bottom.
4. Once brown on top and around edges, take out of oven and immediately move to a cooling rack or plate. Let them cool for roughly 5-10 minutes before eating. They will harden and get crispy for you that way.
Enjoy and keep a glass of something to drink close by. The peanut butter will stick to the roof of your mouth in a totally delicious way! You won’t want to stop eating them.
Share and pass this recipe on!!