You ever pick up a random piece of meat and think this is a great price, just to get it home and have absolutely no clue how to make it? I do that a LOT. Especially with pork. And then once I do research on how to cook it turns out everyone wants you to marinate it over night or slow cook it or BBQ it. Yeah, not on a week day evening when I just worked 9 hours, commuted two hours all together and need dinner like NOW! The clock was ticking and I was staring at these pork loin steaks just clueless. I finally decided to wing it and the results were actually really good. Even R was amazed at the results. Especially when I told him I had no clue what I was doing. So here we go, pork loin steaks that don’t need marinating or five hours to cook.
- Pork Loin Steaks (my package came with like 12)
- Salt and Pepper
- Red Chili Flakes
- 1/4 cup to a 1/2 cup of Balsamic Vinegar (depending on how many you have)
- 2-3 garlic cloves – pressed or cut up in small bits
- 1/4 Olive oil (again depending on how many you have)
- 1 pat of butter or 2 pats, use your best judgment
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season the pork steaks with salt, pepper and red chili flakes. Place pork steaks in the oven to cook for roughly 15 minutes or so.
- While those are cooking, take a frying pan, place a pat or two of butter to melt on medium heat. Once butter is melted put the garlic in there, I use my garlic press but you can cut the cloves up into small pieces if you don’t have a garlic press. Let the garlic cook for a few seconds before adding in the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Turn the heat down after a few minutes so that everything is simmering but not boiling. Stir often. Don’t let it burn on the pan or separate.
- Once that has simmered for a few minutes, take out the pork steaks from the oven and place in frying pan of the balsamic mixture. Let cook on each side till both sides are brown. Continue to do this till each steak has been fried in the mixture.
- Place pork steaks back into glass baking dish (or whatever you use) and pour left over balsamic mixture over the top. Let bake for another 15 minutes. Check the internal temp before serving, pork should be at 160 degrees.
I boiled some artichokes to eat with the steaks…
I was shocked that it came out so good, especially since I had not a single clue how I was going to make them till I started making them.
Give it a try and let me know how you like it!!