Did you miss me?
I have been so busy. On top of my normal 9 hour work day I also commute 45 minutes to the stables where I work part time in exchange for riding. It takes a couple of hours to brush, check over, saddle and ride the horse. So most nights I have been dragging my butt into my front door around 9 p.m. Exhausted, covered in horse hair and usually with arena dirt crunching between my teeth. I am lucky if I make it to my front door before I collapse. Last night I sat in the car for an extra minute to watch a video on my phone and fell asleep in there until R came and got me. But I wouldn’t trade it for anything because out there my head just clears from all the stress and I am completely focused on the task in front of me. Plus I have made some good friends, four legged and two legged.
So last week I came home to a tomato plant full of tomatoes and was wondering what to do with all the juicy red tomatoes. Suddenly it struck me, I had an abundance of corn as well, maybe I could make a tomato and corn salad type deal as a side to the fish that was already baking in the oven. Guess what?! It turned out amazing! A nice refreshing summer salad type deal. The best part, so damn easy and you could really experiment with what to put in it. Explore the different flavors. I am so excited to share this one with ya’ll.
Tomato and Corn Salad
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Fresh Corn
- Fresh Basil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Boil corn in water and then when done cut it off the cob
- Dice tomatoes and mix in with corn
- Add in ripped up fresh basil, add however much or little you want depending on how strong you like the taste of basil
- Add in salt and pepper to taste
- Mix in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. You don’t need a lot. I put about a tablespoon of each in. If you like more balsamic vinegar place more in, if you like less, add in less
- Mix it all together and voila, you have a fresh and easy summer side dish
As always share this recipe and let me know how you liked it!!!