Anyone else not a morning person? I barely manage to make it out of bed daily let alone make a big breakfast. Plus my stomach doesn’t wake up till about 11 a.m., so anything heavy in the morning doesn’t really sit well with me. So I do smoothies. I love my morning smoothie and I have gotten it down to an art from at this point. So I thought I would quickly share my morning smoothie recipe! You can play with it and add your own touches.
- 1 cup of Frozen fruit (your choosing, I like the bags with mango, strawberries and blueberries)
- 1/2 cup of Fresh fruit (I usually buy blueberries or strawberries to cut up and freeze)
- 1/2 to 1 cup of Almond milk or coconut milk (I prefer coconut)
- 2-4 tablespoons Greek plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup of Ice
- Some Kale (per your preference)
- 1 Banana (I freeze mine)
- 1 teaspoon of Flax Seeds
You can also add in protein powder, I once added in coffee to see how it would taste (it wasn’t that bad) and anything else you like in the morning. I usually choose a couple fresh fruit options that are on sale at the store and either freeze them or put them in fresh.
Place everything in the blender and blend. Sometimes I have to fight it a bit but I like my smoothies thick so they don’t melt before I get to work. Then it is just place it in your shaker cup or travel mug and go.
What do you add to your smoothies?