I have had this recipe waiting to be posted and I keep forgetting. I am all about the lean meats lately (fish, pork, chicken). Last night I actually introduced R to turkey burger. Anyways, the point of the matter is catfish. I love catfish. I love finding good recipes that encourage me to eat my catfish. I posted a catfish recipe that was all done in an aluminium pocket which was great. This recipe was done in the broiler though. I have been discovering the wonderful things I can cook in my broiler after not knowing what a broiler was for a long time. I also invested in a garlic press (I say invested but it only cost my $3) and have been using crushed garlic on EVERYTHING. It rocks!
Before I mention the catfish, I tried a hassleback sweet potato recipe the other day and it was TERRIBLE. It looked so good…
Terrible. If you know of a good sweet potato hassleback recipe, please do share!!!
Now on to the good recipe…
- Catfish fillets
- Salt/Pepper/Garlic salt
- Olive oil
- Line a baking pan in aluminum foil and place two (or more) catfish fillets on the pan. Season catfish fillets with salt, pepper and garlic powder;
- Melt about 2-3 tablespoons of butter. Once the butter is melted, mix it with the 1/4 cup of olive oil, crushed garlic (about 2-3 cloves);
- Pour this mixture evenly over the two catfish fillets;
- Cut lemon in half, squeeze one half on one fillet and the other half on the other fillet. This all depends on how much you like lemon. I love lemon on fish so I squeezed an entire lemon over them;
- Place broiler on medium and place catfish fillets in broiler for 6 minutes. Rotate pan and cook for another 4-5 minutes. I also flipped them over at this point but you don’t have to.
Serve with some vegetables and bam, you have a quick during the week catfish dinner. Low carb. Healthy. PCOS friendly. And don’t forget, yummy!!!