Last week was one of those weeks where I was left feeling like a semi had rolled over on top of me. Work has been extremely busy and I have had strict deadlines every single day. Which results in my brain feeling like a wrung out wash cloth by the end of each day. I let that stress and exhaustion leak into my home life, where it combined with the home stress happening right now, which resulted in throwing off my whole damn schedule. I am one of those people that requires a schedule during the week to keep me accountable and on track. So needless to say, when there is no schedule, it is chaos. I work extremely hard, my job has a lot of stress attached to it but I absolutely love it, I just need to work on making the better choice each day when it comes to stress management or else I am going to burn out quickly.
On Saturday evening I got a message from an old friend I used to hang out with in my hometown. She wanted to go out to get a few drinks and watch some line dancing. I was so excited to get out of the damn house that I agreed to it and proceeded to get all dolled up, fed the dogs and then headed out the door for some much needed fun.
- Stress management: Do something healthy each day that reduces stress. Like take a warm bath before bed with my book. Read my book. Do some yoga.
- Bed time: Get into that bed no later than 10 p.m. each night and set a routine back up. As in have a cup of warm tea with a warm bath 30 minutes before bed or something along those lines to help my body ease back into a regular schedule.
- Drink two 33 ounce bottles of water at work and two of my special water cups when I get home. Yes, I need more but I just want to slowly walk back into the habit.
- Make time for work outs at least 3-5 times this week.
- No more Mike and Ike’s or soda or junk food. Get rid of it. Cleanse the body. Eat low carb and high protein all week.
- Monday: Dance for cardio + Legs/Booty
- Tuesday: HIIT cardio + Arms/Chest/Shoulders
- Wednesday: Dance for cardio + Abs/Core
- Thursday: Yoga
- Friday: HIIT cardio + Legs/Booty
- Saturday: Rest (or long walk)
- Sunday: Rest