I sucked it up and rescheduled my oral surgeon appointment for Monday instead of next Friday. That means, I am dedicating this whole weekend to getting prepared for it. I know this is weird, it isn’t major surgery, but to me it is a big deal.
The husband will be home by the time I get done with my appointment. According to the oral surgeon receptionist, because I am opting to get knocked out, I can not work or go to school for that whole day because I will have drugs in my system. She sounded awfully offended when I asked if I could at least attend class that night. Sheesh lady, I only have three weeks of class left, I really would prefer not to miss any but not being in pain I decided was more important. My Mom is my ride there and back.
With all that worked out, I am concentrating on the other details, details probably normal people don’t think about.
For example, I know I need to pick up my library book and return a few as well before I acquire late fees. I need to deep clean the whole house, so that on Monday, I won’t be tempted to get up and start cleaning. I will need to make sure I do laundry and clean up the outside. All my homework will be getting done. I will also need to run to the grocery store to get the ingredients for minestrone soup.
- 3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can white (cannellini or navy) beans, drained
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked ditalini pasta
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen spinach, defrosted
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Basil sprigs, garnish, optional